12 questions to ask when choosing a bookkeeper
Choosing a bookkeeping service is a critical decision for a small businesses. and there are a number of key questions that should be asked before deciding.
Below are some points that our clients (and readers) have highlighted:
- Bookkeeper or Accountant – which one is for you?
- Cost – what is the cost of employing versus contracting a bookkeeper?
- Control – who owns your accounting system?
- Qualifications – is the bookkeeper qualified?
- Knowledge – does the bookkeeper understand your business and industry?
- Flexibility – will the bookkeeper accommodate your way of doing things?
- Tools – will the bookkeeper improve efficiency and profitability?
- Training and Documentation – will the bookkeeper show you how to use your accounting system?
- Backup – who covers for the bookkeeper when they are sick or on holidays?
- Privacy and Data Security – how safe is your data?
- Outsourcing vs Offshoring – which one will work best for your business?
- Testimonials – will the bookkeeper introduce you to their existing clients?
Over the coming weeks we will expand on each of the above questions. If there is something additional that you would like us to address please leave a comment.
All Sorted Business Services – Bookkeepers Sunshine Coast