As a business owner, you want your business to be as productive as possible. And that productivity stems from your operational processes being as efficient as possible.
But many businesses are let down by their current operational systems, with poor documentation of tasks, outdated software and processes that have grown organically over time without any overriding thought for how they work as a wider system.
To get the most from your business, you need to systemize!
How to systemize your business?
The starting point for any process efficiency drive is to carry out a process audit.
Sit down with your team and work through every operational, logistical and financial process in the business. The aim is to explain exactly how the company works.
To make this review work effectively for you:
- List the key processes in the business – creating a complete operational overview
- Document each task in every key process – and systematically explain how it works
- Assign roles and responsibilities – so it’s clear who does what, and when
- Collate everything into an operational document – providing a system to work from
- Use tech to enhance your system – by replicating your processes in software
Talk to us about systemizing your processes
Working closely with your bookkeeper is a critical part of this process. This is because your bookkeeper knows your business intimately and can often see things that you miss in the day to day running of the business. We can help you to audit your business model, highlight potential efficiencies and advise on the best software tools to make your business productive.
If you’re looking to improve the overall productivity of your business, we’ll review, enhance and digitise your processes and systems. This will help you drive that goal.
Get in touch to start systemizing and automating your business.