Email forwarding for Gmail
You probably receive invoices from regular suppliers. In that case, these instructions will explain how to set up a Gmail filter that automatically forwards selected emails to your All Sorted invoice email address. Therefore automatically uploading the invoice to Xero
Create a Gmail filter
- Click here to open your email account in a web browser
- Select a message, of the type that you would like to automatically forward, in your inbox (see right)
- Click the More button, then Filter messages like these.
- Enter your filter criteria in the appropriate filed(s) that can be used to filter emails like the one that you have selected. Normally this would just be the Form field and possibly the Subject field (see right).
- Click on the Create Filter with this search link.
- If you have not already created a forwarding address for your All Sorted invoice email address, do the following:
- Click on the Add Forwarding address link
- Click on the Add Forwarding Address button
- Enter the All Sorted invoice email address in the Add forwarding address window
- Click Next
- Click Save Changes
- Finally, select the appropriate filter options, ensuring that you select your All Sorted invoice email address in the Forward it to field (see right)
- Click Create Filter
Note that your All Sorted invoice email address will have been provided to you. It will be in the following format:
invoices.<your company name>@all-sorted.com.au
Any emails sent from this email address and matching the Gmail filter will now be automatically forwarded to your All Sorted invoice email address
For more detailed help on using filters visit the Google support site.