We are committed to protecting your privacy
This document outlines the All Sorted Business Services’ policy on handling the personal information it collects about individuals including customers, potential customers and shareholders.
We respect the confidentiality of your information and take your privacy seriously, abiding by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). When we request personal information, we will normally explain why we need it, how it will be used and who we may share it with.
This policy answers the following questions about privacy at All Sorted:
Why does All Sorted Business Services need your personal information?
– Will my information be used for Direct Marketing?
– What happens if I do not provide information that has been requested?
What types of personal information does All Sorted Business Services collect?
– Does All Sorted Business Services collect sensitive information?
– How does All Sorted Business Services collect personal information?
– Can you remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us?
How does All Sorted Business Services protect your personal information?
– Who does All Sorted Business Services share personal information with?
– Is All Sorted Business Services likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
– How does All Sorted Business Services update personal information?
– How long will All Sorted Business Services keep your information?
– How do I find out about the personal information All Sorted Business Services holds about me?
– What should I do if I have a complaint?
– How can I escalate my concerns?
Why does All Sorted Business Services need your personal information?
Understanding and meeting our customers’ financial, bookkeeping or marketing needs over the course of their lifetime is a central part of our business. We do this by providing bookkeeping or marketing services in collaboration with various brands offered by businesses within the All Sorted Business Services package . To do this effectively, we need to collect certain personal information.
The types services we provide include:
- bookkeeping services
- data entry services
- Paraplanning services
- Outsourcing services
- recruitment services
- advice and administration services support online
- banking and other services (deposit and credit facilities)
- financial planning advice and other services to help you understand your financial needs and make financial and investment decisions
All Sorted Business Services mainly collects, holds, uses and discloses customers’ personal information so we can establish, manage and provide these services. We may also use and disclose your information for purposes related to those mentioned above, such as arranging for services to be provided by third parties and enhancing our customer service and product options (see the next section ‘Will my personal information be used for Direct Marketing’).We also hold personal information about our shareholders. This is used to fulfill our legal obligations and to keep our shareholders informed of All Sorted’s business performance and the services we provide.In addition, some laws require us to collect personal information. These include the AntiMoney Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) and the U.S Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
Will my personal information be used for Direct Marketing?
We may also use your personal information to keep you informed about the range of services offered by the All Sorted Business Services .
It’s your choice whether to provide your information. However, if you don’t, we may be unable to fulfil your request for a specific service. Where you are seeking bookkeeping services, it may also affect our ability to properly analyse your personal circumstances.
We may ask for a range of personal information to assist us in providing you with relevant bookkeeping and other services. The information we may request includes (but is not limited to) name, address, date of birth, contact details, income, assets and liabilities, account balances, tax and financial statements, employment details and citizenship status.
We sometimes need to collect and use sensitive information, such as when we consider applications for some banking products, or when assessing a claim.Sensitive information includes information or an opinion relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political views or memberships, religious beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual orientation or practices and criminal record. It also includes information about a person’s health and medical history.The Australian Privacy Principles set out restrictions about the way sensitive information can be used.
Unless you give us your consent, or if we are required or permitted by law, we will only use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided.
How does All Sorted Business Services collect personal information?
All Sorted Business Services will collect your personal information directly from you where this is reasonable and
practical. We gather this information either through applications or other forms that you complete, or by recording the information you provide via phone calls, interviews and other forms of communication.
We may also collect personal information from external sources. Examples of the people or organisations who may provide us with information are:
- employers, when a new employee joins their superannuation or insurance plan
- parents or guardians in respect of children
- people authorised by you (such as lawyers or accountants)
- other credit providers
- public sources of information (such as telephone directories)
- market research organisations (through surveys or telephone polls)
- third-party brokers (such as marketing brokers)
- credit reporting bodies.
When we are provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, we seek to ensure the individual is aware of certain matters, such as All Sorted’s identity and our contact details.
Can you remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us?
If you wish to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us, we may be able to provide you with limited information or services, such as general details about our services.
However in many cases it will be impracticable for us to assist you if you wish to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym. For example, we are generally not permitted to issue a service to a person without first collecting their personal information. Also, the provision of many bookkeeping services are highly personalised, with the quality and scope of advice heavily dependent on the individual circumstances of each customer.
Because of this, if you choose not to identify yourself or wish to use a pseudonym, we may be unable to provide you with the specific service you want. It may also affect our ability to properly analyse your personal circumstances so our recommendations may not be completely appropriate or suitable for you.
How does All Sorted Business Services protect your personal information?
Whether your personal information is gathered through face-to-face meetings or by interacting with us via telephone, mail, internet or other methods, we take steps to store your information securely. We hold your personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other formats.
We take a number of steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or improper disclosure. These include instructing our staff and advisers who handle personal information to respect the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals.
Who does All Sorted Business Services share personal information with?
From time to time we may share your personal information with other entities both within and outside of the All Sorted Business Services . The entities that we might share your personal information will vary according to the product or service involved, but could include:
- other areas and organisations within the All Sorted Business Services that provide financial other services
- financial planners, brokers and other parties authorised or accredited by All Sorted Business Services
- service providers and specialist advisers we engage to provide us with services such as administrative, financial, insurance or research services, some of whom may contact you on our behalf
- other insurers, including reinsurance companies, and credit providers
- courts, tribunals and other dispute resolution bodies in the course of a dispute
- credit reporting or reference agencies or insurance investigators
- employers contributing to or otherwise participating in our superannuation or insurance plans
- policy committees in our superannuation plans
- anyone authorised by you or to whom you have provided your consent (either expressly or impliedly), including but not limited to other bookkeeping or accounting services providers that we may need to deal with on your behalf
- anyone to whom we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information (for example, law enforcement agencies, and national and international government and regulatory authorities including but not limited to the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre and the United States Internal Revenue Service)
- other service institutions – in order to detect, investigate or prevent actual or potential fraud in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
Is All Sorted Business Services likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of the entities we share information with may be located in, or have operations in, other countries.
We normally require any external organisations with whom we share your personal information to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Some licencees or advisers in the All Sorted Business Services may enter their own outsourcing arrangements to countries other than those in the table above. Those arrangements will be disclosed separately by the licencee or adviser to their clients.
Please also note that personal information collected by one part of All Sorted Business Services may be shared with other companies in the All Sorted Business Services .
How does All Sorted Business Services update personal information?
We realise that your personal information changes frequently – people move house, change jobs and update other personal circumstances on an ongoing basis. In most cases you can alter your details over the telephone or via the All Sorted Business Services website.
We may be legally required to maintain some of your records for a significant period of time. However once we believe information is no longer needed we may remove any identifying details or destroy the records entirely.How can you contact All Sorted Business Services about privacy?
You can contact us to:
- seek more information about anything contained in this policy, or to request a copy of this policy in a different format
- update or correct your personal information
- opt out of receiving direct marketing material
- ask about accessing or correcting the personal information we hold about you; or
- make a privacy related complaint.
in one of the following ways.
- By telephone:
- By email: [email protected]
- In writing: PO Box 9191, Pacific Paradise, QLD, 4564
Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, with some exceptions. To make a request you need to complete a form outlining what information you require. Access forms can be obtained by contacting us as set out above.
include where:• giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals• giving access would be unlawful, or where denying access is required or authorised by an Australian law or a court order
• both of the following apply:
(i) we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
(ii) giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter
• giving access is likely to interfere with law enforcement activities.
Before providing the requested information we will give you an estimate of any potential costs associated with this, including expenses for locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any of the material you need.
What should I do if I have a complaint?
To raise any concerns you might have in relation to privacy, please contact us via the contact channels listed at the start of this section. We may then refer a complaint to a specific business area within the All Sorted Business Services and a representative of that area may respond to your concerns. For example, where you have a Licencee or Sales Person.
We take privacy-related complaints very seriously and consider all complaints carefully as part of our ommitment to being open, honest and fair in dealing with your concerns.
In most cases, we’ll contact you within five working days of receiving your complaint to let you know what actions we are taking regarding the matter.
How can I escalate my concerns?
If you feel your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed in the first instance, or that it is taking too long to resolve, you can ask for your concerns to be escalated to the All Sorted Business Services Privacy Officer.
Contact details are as follows:
In writing – The All Sorted Business Services Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 9191, Pacific Paradise QLD 4564
If you still have concerns further assistance may be available from:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
What about privacy and the internet?
This statement outlines some privacy issues specific to the allsorted.com.au website and associated websites or portals.
The All Sorted Business Services and All Sorted Business Services websites provide you with many interactive tools designed to help you make an informed choice with certain financial and other decisions. Some of these tools include budget planners, debt reduction calculators, home loan comparison, key factsheets and apps or software choices.
All Sorted Business Services may collect personal information you enter when using the interactive tools on our
Cookies are small pieces of text stored on your computer to help us determine the type of browser and settings you are using, where you have been on the web site, when you return to the web site, where you came from, and to ensure your information is secure.
The purpose of this information is to provide you with a more relevant and effective experience on the All Sorted Business Services and All Sorted Business Services websites, including presenting web pages according to your needs or preferences.
Cookies are frequently used on many websites on the internet and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by changing your preferences and options in your browser.
You may not be able to access some parts of All Sorted’s website or if you choose to disable the cookie acceptance in your browser, particularly the secure parts of the website. We therefore recommend you enable cookie acceptance to benefit from all the services on the website.
Links to third party websites
The All Sorted Business Services and All Sorted Business Services websites and portals have links to external third party websites that may benefit the user.
External websites should contain their own privacy statements and we recommend you review them when using their websites. Please note, however, that third party websites are not covered by this policy, and these sites are not subject to All Sorted’s privacy standards and procedures.
Website analytics measurement software is used to assist in tracking traffic patterns to and from the All Sorted Business Services websites, anonymously surveying users of the sites. The system is used to collect such information as the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the website when they do visit, and common entry and exit points into and from the website.